BREAKING NEW: United States completes withdrawal process from Afghanistan

last minute “data-mce-href =” https://www.ntv.com.tr/last-minute “> Breaking news! The Commander of the United States Central Forces (CENTCOM), Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, said the withdrawal US forces from Afghanistan had been terminated.

General Mckenzie appeared before the cameras with US Department of Defense (Pentagon) spokesman John Kirby to announce the end of 20 years of US occupation in Afghanistan.

McKenzie said, “At the end of the military mission to evacuate US citizens and vulnerable Afghans, I am here to announce the completion of our withdrawal from Afghanistan. The last C-17 plane took off from Kabul Hamid Karzai International Airport on August 30 at 3:29 p.m. EST and arrived in the country. “The last remaining manned aircraft are currently withdrawing from the airspace over Afghanistan. “

WHAT HAPPENED?

On February 29, 2020, the US administration pledged to withdraw all its troops from Afghanistan by May 1, 2021, as part of the deal with the Taliban in Doha, the capital of Qatar.

However, Joe Biden, who took office as President of the United States on January 20, 2021, announced that the withdrawal would not meet the May 1 deadline and then announced that the withdrawal would be completed by the date. anniversary of September 11.

Besieging the capital Kabul, the Taliban took control of the city without conflict after President Ashraf Ghani left the country on August 15.

Add a Comment