The 2021 Copa America found itself without a host less than two weeks before its start after Argentina were stripped from the tournament.
The South American Football Confederation (Conmebol) said Argentina had been excluded due to “current circumstances”.
The country is currently experiencing an upsurge in Covid-19 cases.
Opposition to the tournament grew both inside and outside the Argentine government, while Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez told reporters on Friday that priority should be given “to human health “.
Conmebol said he was currently “in the process of analyzing the offer from other countries” which have expressed an interest in hosting the 10-team Copa America, which is due to take place from June 13 to July 10.
The confederation will meet on Monday to decide on the next steps for the tournament, which did not take place in 2020 due to the pandemic.
Brazil are the defending champions, having won the tournament in 2019.
Every Copa America match will be broadcast live on BBC.