last minute “data-mce-href =” https://www.ntv.com.tr/son-minute “> Breaking news At least 90 people, including 13 American soldiers, lost their lives in the terrorist attacks in Afghanistan , 150 people were injured.
“We have lost more people than the Americans,” said the unnamed Taliban leader, saying 28 Taliban members lost their lives.
The Taliban executive said the United States did not need to extend the August 31 deadline to complete its evacuation and withdraw.
A Western security official said the evacuation of civilians accelerated after attacks and robberies were carried out regularly.
DAESH LEADED THE ATTACK
Two separate explosions occurred yesterday in the area near Kabul Hamid Karzai International Airport, where evacuation work continues.
Many countries and the Taliban condemned the attacks.
US President Joe Biden has vowed revenge on the issue, saying he will “hunt down those who carried out the attack.”
“The attack was carried out by the group known as DAESH / Khorasan,” Biden said. had used the expression.
Biden said they had received reports that DAESH / Khorasan would attack Kabul airport in recent weeks, and that for this reason, they were determined to complete their mission in Afghanistan by August 31.
US Central Forces (CENTCOM) spokesman Col. Bill Urban announced that the number of US soldiers killed in the terrorist attacks at the airport has risen to 13 and the number of injured to 18.
13 AMERICAN MILITARY DICE
US Central Forces (CENTCOM) spokesman Col. Bill Urban reported that 13 US soldiers were killed and 18 soldiers were injured in the attack.
Urban noted that all of the injured were evacuated from Afghanistan by a special C-17 evacuation plane equipped with surgical units.
“THE EVOLCATIONS MAY CONTINUE”
Reporting on the latest situation, the commander of the US Central Command, General Kenneth McKenzie, said in his assessment of the attack at Abbey Gate at the airport: “Daesh attackers opened fire on civilians and armed soldiers after the bombing ”.
Stating that the full investigation into the losses from the attacks is continuing, the US commander stressed that they will continue their evacuation activities in Kabul despite the attacks.
Noting that more than 1,000 US citizens remain in Afghanistan, McKenzie said Apache attack helicopters, MQ-9 Reaper drones, F-15 fighter jets and AC-130 planes are currently patrolling Kabul.
Noting that they believe DAESH is ready to continue such attacks and are taking precautions accordingly, McKenzie said they also encountered the Taliban, who provide security outside the airport.
Noting that they had been sharing intelligence with the Taliban since Aug. 14, McKenzie said, “In fact, we believe they have abandoned some of the attack preparations.
When asked if the Taliban authorized these attacks, McKenzie replied, “There is nothing to convince me that they allowed this to happen.
The US commander said the Taliban were waiting for US soldiers to withdraw before taking the airport, and said there was no reason for the Taliban to organize such an attack.
The Taliban, on the other hand, claimed that the attacks would cease once foreign forces left the country.
EXPLANATION OF MSB
In the statement made by the Ministry of National Defense, it was said: “There were two explosions outside the Kabul airport. There was no damage or casualties in our unit.
CONDEMNATION OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGNERS
The Foreign Ministry, which also made a statement about the attack in Afghanistan, condemned the attack. In the press release, we learn with great sadness that following the terrorist attacks in Kabul, a large number of victims and injuries were recorded.
He condemns this heinous attack in the strongest possible terms; We offer our condolences to the families of those who lost their lives and wish a speedy recovery to those injured.
Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu also shared on his social media account: “We are deeply saddened by the loss of life after today’s attack. We strongly condemn this heinous terrorist attack. My condolences to the families of the deceased and I wish a speedy recovery to the injured. . “
UNITED STATES, UNITED KINGDOM AND AUSTRALIA WARNING
Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom had warned their citizens of a possible attack as early as Thursday morning.
On Thursday morning, Secretary of the Armed Forces James Heappey said there was “very credible information” about an “imminent” and “serious” terrorist attack at Kabul airport.
FIRST IMAGES OF THE EXPLOSION