last minute “data-mce-href =” https://www.ntv.com.tr/son-minute “> Latest news!
The Union of Municipalities of Marmara held a meeting to discuss the problem of mucilage.
The Minister of Environment and Urbanization, Murat Kurum, also attended the coordination meeting of the Sea of Marmara Action Plan.
After the meeting held in Kocaeli, the Minister’s Institution made a statement.
Saying: “We will save Marmara, the apple of our eye, with cooperation and cooperation,” the institution said, “We must eliminate all kinds of different types of pollution from land, agricultural and maritime sources as soon as possible . “
Stating that their goal is to destroy these images that hurt our 25 million citizens living in the Marmara region, Kurum said, “It is our duty and a debt to make our Sea of Marmara clean with an understanding of mobilization and to transfer it to future generations. “
The institution then announced its 21-point emergency action plan:
– A coordination committee will be set up to reduce pollution in Marmara. It is currently working but will be officially installed next week.
– We will prepare the integrated strategic plan for the Sea of Marmara and carry out the work of this plan.
– We will begin studies to designate the entire Sea of Marmara as a protected area.
– We must act urgently. From June 8, 24/7, we will initiate an urgent effort to completely cleanse the mucilage.
– We will transform the facilities, which we have identified as one of the main causes of pollution in the region, into advanced biological treatment facilities.
– Wastewater treatment plants discharging into the Sea of Marmara will set their discharge standards taking into account the sensitive nature of the sea. The standards will be updated and implemented within 3 months.
– We will offer incentives for the reuse of treated water.
– The transition to advanced treatment technologies will be accelerated by the rehabilitation and improvement works of ZIOs which do not properly operate their wastewater treatment plants.
– We will increase our support to facilitate wastewater treatment.
– We have shipyards that pollute. We will extend the techniques of clean production for these.
– As part of the studies carried out by our Ministry; All wastewater treatment plants that discharge into the receiving environment will be monitored online 24/7. 91 monitoring points in the Sea of Marmara will be increased to 150. With the help of the Turkish Environment Agency, inspections in all basins associated with the Sea of Marmara will be strengthened through the use of monitoring systems. remote sensing, satellites and early warning, unmanned aerial vehicles and radar systems.
– We will implement the action plan on marine litter in 3 months, covering the shores of the Sea of Marmara.
– We will expand the pressure and drip irrigation systems. We will prevent pollution from reaching the Sea of Marmara through waterways.
– We will ensure the technological transformation for the treatment of wastewater in the production of olives and whey.
– We will reduce the use of harmful substances in urban cleaning and similar works.
– All ghost nets in the Sea of Marmara will be cleaned up within a year.
– Ecosystem fisheries will be provided. The criminal decisions to be taken by the coordination committee will be determined.
– The necessary support will be provided to fishermen who are damaged by mucilage.
– In order to reduce the temperature of the sea water, we will take measures to reduce the effects of hot water made up of cooling water and thermal facilities.